Senior Cloud Engineer
Cheppers is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to work on cloud based products. The team is working on HA systems which are used by Fortune 500 companies at scale.
About the job
- Work in an agile DevOps team owning and operating the services you build
- Design and develop tools that automatically deploy, maintain, and monitor LAMP-based software
- Research, specify, and test cloud hosting architectures leveraging your web, database, and architectural knowledge
- Design & develop a wide range of Platform as a Service features enabling the next generation of websites and applications to be built
- Debug the toughest distributed systems production issues
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience with a scripting language such as Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Deep, working knowledge of LAMP stack--OS, web server, and database systems
- (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Passion for services, websites and website delivery architecture
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- 5+ years of experience
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Azure, etc.)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Git)
- Containerization: Docker, LXC, etc.
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN,
- Linux packages (e.g., Debian or RPM packages); RHEL and Ubuntu experience
- Automated testing experience--Jenkins, TravisCI, unit tests, system tests, etc.
For all this we offer
- Participation in interesting, long-term projects
- Possibilities for professional growth and valuable training opportunities
- Flexible working hours, from the office or from home (2 home office opportunity / week)
- Company English lessons with native language teachers
- Company provided Macbook Pro (or equivalent)
- Weekly massage
- Free coffee & tea
- A dog friendly downtown office in Budapest - and now the opportunity to work fully remotely
- Quarterly bonus
- Partner status and company shares after 2 years
- Possibility to get incubation for your product ideas
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are the market leaders among the Hungarian Drupal companies, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 60+ colleagues who work on cloud services, Drupal and Laravel based web solutions, React based app development, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- We are transparent and aim to be as open as possible with each other, and we strongly believe in growing together.
- Most of our colleagues have participated in open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- More than half of our team members have visited our clients in Western Europe and the USA to work on-site or to attend team building events.
- We have an office in New York City and a constantly growing team in the USA.
- From 2019 we are in the AWS Partner Network.
- Lots of our colleagues have acquired AWS and Acquia certifications.
We work in two ways:
- We team up with our international clients and work together with their colleagues - due to different working methods and approaches, this is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and do some networking.
- We work on full projects, forming our own in-house teams - because of this, we have the opportunity to take part in every step of the process.