Cheppers is looking for an experienced, highly organized and well-spoken person to fill the role of a Delivery Manager. The ideal candidate will help us with his/her experience to increase the quality of our work further by leading and supporting the development of our workflows and our project management team. You will help us shape the company's long term strategy and vision from the delivery perspective alongside the heads of the business development and operations teams. You must have the ability to stay calm under pressure, and to think quickly and critically in order to solve any challenges that arise.
About the job
- People skills
- Professional attitude and the ability to work efficiently with different types of work cultures (multinational - finance, management consultancy -, medium sized enterprises) and different personalities.
- Have the ability to actively listen to the needs of internal and external clients and propose suitable solutions.
- Mediate in conflicts if needed.
- Have an awareness of when to escalate and when to delegate.
- Be aware of the progress of the projects in order to remove any roadblocks that might appear.
- Support and mentor our Project Managers.
- Actively engage with operations and business development to implement and iterate on the company’s strategy, check milestones and take ownership on the progress.
- Be aware of the company-wide skill matrix in order to know what kind of projects are fitting into our portfolio.
- Planning and oversight
- Ensure that each project is fully planned, taking into account all necessary phases.
- Ensure that each team has the proper resources in order to complete their projects.
- Check the time spent on projects to ensure that they do not fall behind schedule or go over budget.
- At least five years of experience as Delivery Manager, IT Project Manager or Product Owner.
- Excellent communication skills - in both writing and speaking.
- Experience with team coordination.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Fluent or advanced English and Hungarian.
Nice to have
- Some basic technical knowledge
- Experience with project management systems, e.g. JIRA, Redmine, Asana.
- Understanding of different project management methodologies, e.g. Agile and Waterfall.
- Proficiency in the Google office suite - e.g. Sheets, Docs, and Calendar.
- Project management certifications are a plus.
For all this we offer
- Participation in interesting, long-term projects
- Possibilities for professional growth and valuable training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Company English lessons with native language teachers
- Company provided Macbook Pro (or equivalent)
- Free coffee & tea
- A dog friendly downtown office in Budapest
- Possibility to get incubation for your product ideas
Cheppers was founded in 2012 and today we are the market leaders among the Hungarian Drupal companies, with a strong international reputation. We currently have 50+ colleagues who work on cloud services, Drupal and Laravel based web solutions, React based app development, web design and development consulting, and UX & UI planning.
- We believe in continuous learning and we like to share knowledge with each other through in-house training.
- We are transparent and aim to be as open as possible with each other, and we strongly believe in growing together.
- Most of our colleagues have participated in open source projects.
- We are regular attendees/presenters/organizers/code sprinters/sponsors of professional conferences in Hungary and abroad.
- More than half of our team members have visited our clients in Western Europe and the USA to work on-site or to attend team building events.
- We have an office in New York City and a constantly growing team in the USA.
- From 2019 we are in the AWS Partner Network.
- Lots of our colleagues have acquired AWS and Acquia certifications.
We work in two ways:
- We team up with our international clients and work together with their colleagues - due to different working methods and approaches, this is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and do some networking.
- We work on full projects, forming our own in-house teams - because of this, we have the opportunity to take part in every step of the process.